Technology is disrupting every industry and the communication field is no different. More customers worldwide are looking for cloud-enabled solutions to digitally transform their businesses and stay competitive.
Mitel acquired ShoreTel in September 2017. This merger places Mitel in the #2 market-share position in the Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industry. CEO of Mitel, Rich McBee, said that, “for businesses, moving to cloud communication and collaboration system inside their own organizations is a natural first step in their digital transformation journey. Mitel and ShoreTel are now stronger together and even better equipped to help take our customers to the cloud, seamlessly and simply.”
This is an exciting transition in the communications field, but customers can be lost in the transaction. Unified Technologies doesn’t want that to happen to any ShoreTel and Mitel customers. As relentless problem solvers, we are providing the following information on the merge and how you can create a seamless transition.
Mitel Acquires ShoreTel
A software migration to Mitel CONNECT is available to all of our ShoreTel customers. This combination offers more opportunities and greater possibilities when it comes to looking for the best telecommunications system for your business. Outside of the fact that software levels 14.2 and older will reach their end of life on June 30th, 2018, there are many benefits to migrating to the new software, including a completely updated system and numerous bug fixes. Don’t hold off on migrating as June 30th will be here before we know it.
Additional Benefits of Migrating
- New bundled licenses
- Get Mobility licenses
- Softphone and remote worker included
- CRM integration for several CRM solutions
- Collaboration features
- Web/Audio bridge allows for peer to peer desktop sharing
- Conduct group conference calls or chats
- Remote Work
- Softphone connection without a VPN
- Remote workers can connect IP phones at home
- Great for inclement weather for agents to work from home
- New feature on the Connect Client
- Drag and Drop to transfer and conference calls
- Updated look
- Runs on MACs and Windows
- Tighter Outlook integration with events calendar
- Simple navigation and ease of use for end users
- Enhancements in Administration software
- Compatible with multiple browsers
- Built-in search tools
- Additional monitoring tool
Mitel has promised that you can “count on the same cloud and on-site solutions.” What we promise at Unified Technologies is to continue being relentless problem solvers and informing and educating you on the latest news of this new acquisition. Connect with one of our Sales Consultants to learn more about migrating.