Lee Sander joined our Infrastructure team almost exactly 2 years ago. His hard work and leadership skills gained him a promotion to ‘Lead Engineer’ this summer. It’s been a busy year for Lee. Not only was he promoted to Lead Engineer, he also went from Fiance to Husband in June. If you know Lee, you know he completely lives up to the nickname ‘Fun Size’. He’s never been a jockey but said if given a horse, he would try it. He’s a great asset to our Infrastructure Team and a joy to be around. Here’s a little more about Lee in his own words.
1. Tell us a little bit about the type of work you do at Unified Technologies and your job responsibilities.
I am one of 3 Lead Engineers in our division. I’m in charge of overseeing our projects and working together with the Infrastructure team to ‘get the job done’.
2. When you aren’t at work, what keeps you busy?
Spending quality time with my family of 3 kids and my wife keeps me busy and occupied.
3. Have you always been in this industry? If not, what brought you where you are today?
I had never been in this industry until a colleague recruited me to apply for a position with Unified for career advancement opportunities. Before coming to Unified, I was a contract delivery person.
4. What’s one thing you love about what you do for a living?
One of many things I love about what I do for a living is the hands-on training and support I get from my fellow coworkers and the company as a whole.
5. What you do for fun or to unwind?
When I do have free time to myself, I enjoy doing things with my friends, whether it is sports activities or gatherings.
6. If you could do one thing for a living that had nothing to do with your current job, what would it be?
I would probably play music full-time.
7. Is there something fun or interesting that you’d like people to know about you?
I still consider myself to be athletic and outgoing even for my old age. (You’re not THAT old, Lee.)
8. Favorite food or snack
Favorite food – just about anything. Favorite snack would be gummy bears. I’m a bottomless pit when it comes to snacks.
9. Family info – kids, siblings, where are you from, born?
I am the youngest of 3. I have 2 older sisters in the Philippines. I moved from the Philippine Islands in 1984. I have 3 kids, 2 sons (14 years of age and 10 months old) and a daughter who is 9 years old.