If you’ve called our office in the past 6 months there’s a very good chance you’ve spoken to our November Spotlight Employee – Christian Beary.
Christian is one of our Tier One technicians. He holds down the fort from 8 to 5 everyday, heck, he’s usually here no later than 7:00.
The Tier One Group’s ultimate goal is first call resolution. If they can fix and issue or help you resolve or make the necessary changes while they have you on the phone they consider that a win.
Here’s a little more about Christian in his own words.
1. Tell us a little bit about the type of work you do at Unified Technologies
I am a Tier 1 Technician at Unified. Our group handles all incoming phone calls and emails. We triage the information and proceed accordingly to help our customers. That includes 1st call resolution, placing service orders or just answering questions. We also handle several other office duties to keep things flowing smooth.
2. List out a few of your job responsibilities.
Handle all the phone and email traffic, first call resolution, helping our customers with any issues they may be having, place service orders.
3. When you aren’t at work, what keeps you busy?
Love music ! Really enjoy playing my bass guitars and going to see live music with my wife and friends.
4. Have you always been in this industry? If not, what brought you where you are today?
I’ve been in telecommunications for about 22 years now, started at a privately owned telco co in Florida.
5. What’s one thing you love about what you do for a living?
Helping our customers with their issues and working with the best co-workers anyone could ask for, makes me look forward to each and every day I get to come in !
6. What you do for fun or to unwind?
Music, music music…..either going out to see live acts or playing music with my amazing bandmates !
7. If you could do one thing for a living that had nothing to do with your current job, what would it be?
Play bass professionally !! Long way to go to get there but I’d love jamming on stage !
8. Is there something fun or interesting that you’d like people to know about you?
Was on an episode of Sesame Street when I was 4 or 5. Don’t remember much of it other than being scared to death of all the muppets.
9. Favorite food or snack
Just about anything really but cereal at night, yeah that’s where it’s at !
10. Family info – kids, siblings, where are you from, born?
Was born in Miami but have lived on both coasts and several places in-between (both parents were military). My wife Beth and I have 4 children (three boys and 1 daughter) and three grandchildren (2 boys and a girl) whom we cherish. I also have 1 brother Joshua that I am very close with.