Did you know you can “twin” your ShoreTel extension with your mobile phone? The twinning feature allows users the ability to move calls seamlessly between their ShoreTel extension and their mobile phone. It also allows users the ability to ring both their ShoreTel and mobile phone simultaneously. Please note, at a minimum, your ShoreTel platform must be at Version 10.2.
- Upgrade your Call Manager. Click “Help” in your Call Manager and select “Upgrade”.
- Run the InstallShield Wizard (this may take several minutes and will require a PC restart to enable the new software).
- After a restart of your PC, click “Options” in your Call Manager and select “Additional Phones”.
- Add your mobile phone as an additional phone in the configuration menu.
- A “Move” button will now appear on your ShoreTel phone when you are on a call.
- If you take the call on your ShoreTel phone, press the “Move” button on your ShoreTel phone and the call will automatically move to your mobile phone.
For more detailed instructions along with a video, check out Dr. VoIP’s Tech Blog. If you need additional assistance, please contact us.