Alex Durso received the Core Value Award for the Infrastructure Division at our Awards Banquet in March. Alex has been with Unified almost 4 years. He hails from Cincinnati and just happens to be our President, Scott Diamond’s nephew. Here’s a little more about Alex, in his own words.
1. What is your role with Unified?
Structured cabling data, access control, digital IP cameras, and fiber optics
2. Tell us a little about your job and responsibilities
Normally overseeing multiple jobs on the books whether it’s just me or lining other crew members out to get the job done. I strive to be as thorough and detailed as possible with the customer’s expectations, updating them daily on progress and the time frame for completion.
3. When you aren’t at work, what keeps you busy?
I have one-year-old mixed shepherd who takes up a lot of my time while I’m not at work.
4. Have you always been in this industry? If not, what brought you where you are today?
Started with no experience and first official full-time job. Worked my way up from a helper to lead field supervisor.
5. What’s one thing you love about what you do for a living?
One thing I love is that I truly believe in our company and what we stand for. Plus, I get to do something different every day and that keeps me on my toes.
6. What you do for fun or to unwind?
Take the dog to the park, workout/play b-ball, watch tv, play video games
7. If you could do one thing for a living that had nothing to do with your current job, what would it be?
Be an agent for professional athletes. Sports have been my life since I was born.
8. Is there something fun or interesting that you’d like people to know about you?
I have never been on an airplane.
9. Favorite food or snack
Sweet and spicy chili Doritos.
10. Family info – kids, siblings, where are you from, born?
Three brothers. One older and twin little brothers: Nick 28, Spencer and Griffen 16. I’m from Cincinnati Ohio but moved to Louisville in August of 2013.